Concept Outsource Supervisor - Diablo IV
29 days ago
Job Title:Concept Outsource Supervisor - Diablo IV
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
If you're a highly motivated and experienced Art Outsourcing Supervisor with a focus on Concept art, then come work with us and help us build something extraordinary.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we will be a phenomenal fit for you.
Oh, also, you really like killing demons and getting loot, right?
Stuff We will Trust you With
Do you geek out on concept art, do you love conducting an orchestra of concept talent and harnessing that power to bring the world of Diablo to life? You will need to be an excellent communicator and teacher of best practices to a host of artists from around the globe. You will build partnerships internally and bring out the best of those you work with. You feel pride in bringing out greatness in others. You know and understand what great concept art looks like and you can mentor that with our external partners.
We're looking for an extraordinarily talented person to come spend some quality time in Sanctuary and descend into the deep dark dungeons of Diablo with us! Your experience in handling concept art production will help make us all better at making a lot of gorgeous content.
Your responsibilities will be to manage the back and forth with our partners, provide paintovers and feedback, and sync with our production partners to make sure we can keep content flowing to our players. You’ll also be providing timely, precise, and constructive feedback to our external partners to ensure their work is consistently on target. You have enough sense of accomplishment as a concept artist to mentor others in the profession and bring out their best work.
Being a listener and a voracious learner, you thrive in a dynamic environment where every voice matters, and you passionately believe that being proven wrong is just another opportunity to grow and learn. You actively seek out feedback from your peers, Lead, and Art Director, and you have the good balance of relentless passion and pragmatism required for such a role.
Stuff You Need to Succeed
You may wonder what it will take to be successful in this role. Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Shipped AAA PC or console title(s) as a concept artist
- Demonstrated understanding of outsourcing for AAA titles, including practical experience working with a large team.
- Managed communication, provided feedback to artists, and helped maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generated detailed documentation including style guides, creative briefs, and reference images to support external vendors.
- Owned the quality control over all incoming art assets. Provided detailed feedback (including paintovers) and approvals to vendor(s) that resulted in quality, on-style concepts delivered to the development team.Tweaked assets as needed to avoid excessive feedback rounds with vendors.
- Worked closely with the outsource manager, art leads, and production team to determine outsourcing needs.
- Coordinated with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Excellent illustration skills and deep understanding of human / creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, architecture and detail in environmental design
- Thorough understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- Mastery of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self. Life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- Ability to pitch in on concepts yourself as needed.
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe.
- A highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player approach to your work.
- A solid foundation in traditional art.
- Fluency in a language other than English, including Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, or Russian
And Yeah, You Will Need These Things To Apply
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Willingness to complete a test if requested to do so.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.