11 days ago
As a Concept Artist you will be working with the Art Director and Lead on the visualization and conceptualization of an unannounced title. You will be responsible for creating attractive, creative, functional, and descriptive concept designs that support various development teams and their creation of game assets. This includes utilization of thumbnail sketches, rough drawings, tight line art, and fully rendered designs with supporting call outs and orthographic views. Working on style, with attention to detail, effective verbal and visual communication, and within production guidelines and directives is a must. Quick and accurate response to feedback is critical.
A concept artist should be able to work in many different areas of design including characters, creatures, props, environments, and architecture. A professional attitude is a must have, especially in relation to task assignments, design challenges, and revisions. Must be willing to work as an active team member, participate professionally in critiques, and be able to cooperatively work with other departments of the development team.
- Quickly develop concept designs through renderings and sketches to support the needs of multiple teams whether it be characters, creatures, props, environments, or architecture
- Create paintings and concepts to assist in establishing and refining the visual direction of the game
- Ideate, iterate, and refine visual design languages to be applied to characters, props, environments, and architecture
- Work with the entire development team in an energetic and creative environment
- Proficient in concept and visual design
- Strong visualization and ideation skills
- A keen eye for lighting and mood for environments
- Ability to paint highly detailed characters, props, and environments
- An understanding of both fantasy and science fiction art styles
- Able to manage time with multiple assignments of varying subjects
- Experience with Photoshop in addition with any 3D software suite is preferred
- Development of MMO or any multiplayer game experiences are a plus
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.