Undead Labs is looking for a creative, versatile, and highly talented Concept Artist to help us visualize the next evolution of State of Decay and help bring the world to life for our millions of fans.
At Un dead Labs, we work in highly collaborative, cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we generate together. We are creators of the hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay played by millions, and we operate independently as part of a network of studios now owned by Microsoft. We have a rich history of entrepreneurship and empowerment that will carry us forward as we reach new levels of quality, ambition, and polish.
Responsibilities & Objectives :
- Work closely with the Concept Lead, Art Director, and other creatives to define the look and feel of the project, from high-level vision concepts to detailed callouts.
- Execute on a range of concepts from organics to environments, props, characters, vehicles, weapons, and gear.
- Create production-ready art guides with breakout sketches, reference materials, and notes to support high-level concepts.
- Actively participate in feedback and brainstorm sessions and assist the Art Director and Art Leads by providing visual notes and paint-overs to assist internal and external production.
- Understand the IP, direction, fanbase, and market, to ensure your concepts are inspired and informed.
- Design original concepts while making effective use of sketches, reference sheets, mood boards to iterate effectively on ideas and explorations.
- Assist design and creative process as needed with storyboards, sketches, and visual aids to explore and communicate the player experience
Skills, Knowledge, Experience (Core Traits)
- Ideally brings 3+ years of experience in the entertainment industry as a concept artist.
- Self-motivated problem solver with the ability to own mid-sized projects and initiatives.
- Portfolio showcasing world-class concepts for entertainment design/ AAA games.
- Exceptional foundational art skills, expert use of 2D applications, modern concept art software/tools, and workflows.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of 3d software with the ability to integrate 3d assets or scenes into conceptual art workflows.
Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting. Noise levels are low to moderate in the work environment. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!