5 days ago
Zenith is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game built for VR that combines adrenaline-pumping action-adventure gameplay with a colorful open world. Think WoW meets Dark Souls, with an anime-inspired, JRPG twist.
As Concept Artist you will work closely with the team to create memorable characters, unique environments, compelling weapons, and props.
You’re the type of person who is passionate about games and honing your craft.
- Create exceptional concept art for Zenith: The Last City
- Create a wide range of designs, mood boards, thumbnails and reference sheets for characters, environments and props
- Create detailed illustrations that inspire and excite the viewer
- Work closely with our Senior and Lead concept artists
- Collaborate with other artists, designers and engineers to create the absolute best concept art possible to meet the needs of the project
- Manage your time independently, completing tasks on time and bringing up issues and conflicts to the team as they arise
- 2+ years of experience working on shipped or studio titles.
- Shipped at least one published AAA or indie title.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates stylized concept art and craftsmanship.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with a startup or indie studio.
- Passion for video games and VR.
- Texture painting
- Experience using game engines, like Unity.
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Company Game Jams
About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.