5 days ago
Mountaintop is a new game studio creating multiplayer games for players that crave a challenge. We’re an independent, remote-first studio primarily located in the US.
We’re creating the types of games that bring people together — and keep them together for “just one more round.” The types of games that inspired us as kids. The games that become our hobbies, and sometimes our obsessions.
Games are a reflection of the teams that make them. So to make the best games, we’re building a studio that puts the team first — one that's collaborative, anti-crunch, diverse, and inclusive.
We’d love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a Concept Artist who is passionate about creating inspiring artwork, mood pieces and detailed production concepts. Awesome and inspiring ideas make for great games, so you’ll play a crucial role in bringing our first title to life.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Creating high quality character, weapon, and prop concepts
- Collaborating closely with the Art Director to refine the visual style of the game
- Generating mood boards, paint-overs, thumbnails, key art, model sheets, storyboards, marketing assets, and outsource packets
- A love for playing and making amazing games
- 3+ years of related industry experience
- 1+ shipped AAA titles as a concept artist
- A passion for creating amazing original concepts and visual ideation
- Strong portfolio showing mastery over foundational principles including composition, design, perspective, proportion, scale, anatomy, lighting, and color theory
- A strong understanding of costume and weapon functionality
- Ability to adapt to new styles
- You have examples of concepts for character and costume design
- You have examples of concepts for Weapons and FX design
- You enjoy collaborating with a team, and understand how to manage feedback professionally
- You have fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Expert-level knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D software
- High level of proficiency creating callout sheets and reference packages
- Self-motivated, with great time management skills
- You love being part of the ideation process by helping to visualize the team’s ideas and by contributing your own
- Experience directly managing internal or external artists
- Experience using 3D packages like Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Modo, or Blender as part of the concepting workflow
- 2D animation skills
- UI and graphic design experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance (100% of premiums paid)
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-work Friendly