Agoura Hills, CA
10 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Have you been drawing most of your life? When you create an illustration, are you obsessive about the inner life of every character, and the function of every object? Do you hear words but think images? Love to leap ahead creatively, translating ideas into inspiring illustrations that influence the direction of the final product even before most others have gotten to work? If you love using art to shape and inspire big, collaborative projects, we’re excited to talk to you.
We’re searching for an outstanding concept artist to join our Agoura Hills studio. In the role, you’ll design sets, locations, costumes, objects, color scripts and lighting schemes. You will work with our Art Director, art team, and many collaborating disciplines to help define the artistic vision of our game. Through sketches, final concepts, illustrations, and logo design, you will merge the current branding of the WWE with your own artistic vision to breathe life and energy into our game and make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate closely with the Art Director and other artists to produce quality designs that define and expand the look of the game
- Create environment, character, prop, and VFX concept art to be used for game content
- Communicate and collaborate with 3d artists to ensure high-quality assets are created from beginning to finish
- Create graphic designs and logos to be used both in environments and UI
- Provide designs for lighting, camera placement and scene composition in narrative sequences
- 2+ years of professional experience as a concept artist
- Expert digital painting and illustration abilities in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Deep knowledge of artistic fundamentals such as composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, atmosphere, architectural, character, and graphic design
- Ability to rapidly generate ideas and iterate upon them
- Skilled in conducting research and providing reference to support idea generation
- Strong organizational skills and can work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed
- Online portfolio (includes process sketches)
- Working knowledge of 3D software packages as part of a concept pipeline (Modo/Maya/Sketchup)
- Strong foundation in the traditional/visual arts including but not limited to painting, illustration, figure drawing, or sculpture
- Demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment