This job might no longer be available.
Concept Artist - Weapons & Props
19 days ago
Keywords Studios provides full development and co-developer services for Console, Desktop, Mobile, and Web-based Games. Keywords has the staff to provide complete title development. Additionally, Keywords can work as a co-developer, augmenting existing game teams. Whether a publisher needs a full title developed or an internal team augmented with a few resource gaps– Keywords Studios can deliver.
As a Concept Artist, you will use your artistic talent to bring ideas, concepts, and designs to life. You will solve problems in order to create compelling visual solutions for in game concepts, all while adhering to the existing guidelines of the game world building.
Some of the cool stuff you'll be doing
- Work with art leads to create unique concepts and ensure quality and style guidelines
- Craft detailed concept art to be used by 3D artists, hard surface artists, and technical artists to then implement into in game assets
- Ensure concepts meet requirements and scope of game needs
- Strong line work and rendering
- Professional experience creating stylized artwork
- 2+ years as a concept artist in a AAA environment
- Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
- Must be able to take critique and art direction
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
Nice to have
- Experience concepting guns and other weapons for first person shooter titles
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience creating VFX concepts
Opportunity to work on different projects
3 weeks of paid leave
Benefits package including medical, dental and vision
401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
Role Information: EN
Studio: Keywords Studios
Location: Americas, United States
Area of Work: Art Services
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Pattern: Remote
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.