Concept Artist (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
Carlsbad California 92011 United States of America
14 days ago
Job Title:Concept Artist (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
Concept Artist - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us!
High Moon Studios is looking for talented and passionate Concept Artists excited to work on our current and future projects. Qualified candidates will work alongside a team of world-class concept artists who have worked on one of the most successful videogame franchises of all time. Our ideal candidate is excited about creating immersive environments and has a good understanding of architecture as well as organic environments. If you are passionate about videogames, concept art, and have a strong portfolio, come join our team!
As a Concept Artist, you will work directly with the Art Director, Art leads and Concept Art team to deliver the following:
- Create inspirational artwork to define artistic vision and support game design.
- Produce creative designs from initial sketches to final concepts.
- Gather and organize reference for the concept team.
- Paint over renders and screenshots in Photoshop.
- Draw storyboards which will illustrate the movement of FX and FX animations.
- Create redline notes for environments, taking game levels to a higher fidelity for the production.
- Actively contribute to the growth of the studio.
- 2+ years of experience creating high-quality 2D art, concepts, and designs for games.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop.
- Understanding of traditional artistic skills, composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, and graphic design.
- Solid drawing fundamentals, along with traditional painting and rendering techniques.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to observe, research, and analyze a variety of subject matters (i.e., history, architecture, construction, and how things are made).
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Web based portfolios are preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D applications like Blender, Maya, Zbrush, Sketch-up, etc., is a plus.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.