Concept Artist - Internship - Winter 2021
Montreal QC ca
7 days ago
The Concept Artist will work in a cooperative and interdisciplinary team environment to conceptualize the universe of the game.
An academic understanding of the form, structure, color and exceptional lighting and a particularly creative imagination are essential to the position.
- Create digital paintings inspired for the marketing and production teams;
- Create sketches, studies and designs of characters, accessories and special decor elements;
- Create environmental studies, atmospheric elements and screen overlays (paintovers);
- Communicate with production artists to clarify the concepts to achieve delivery dates;
- Participate in meetings to share ideas and knowledge, and undertaking research and gathering of data before starting a new task to ensure effective management and achievement of the objectives by identifying the graphic requirements of the game, by having on hand all necessary reference materials, including the art direction and the technological requirements;
- Responsible for designing and presenting the visual style of the game while respecting the artistic vision given by the Artistic Director;
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, and then add the details required to reach final and specific concepts.
- Experience with 3D (Maya, 3dsMax) software;
- Important skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, color, light and atmosphere and how to use them correctly in the reproduction of the concept;
- Be able to quickly express the vision in terms of linear art and color image reflecting the atmosphere, the composition and interpretation;
- knowledge of drawing software solutions; for example, Photoshop;
- Solid base for traditional arts, including figurative drawing, landscape, and illustration;
- Be able to work in a variety of styles and specific styles, also sometimes produced by another artist or artistic director;
- Autonomous, good communicator and an excellent team player;
- Unconditional lover of video games;
- Ability to adapt easily to change
- Good oral and written communication;
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Behaviour Interactive, one of North America’s largest independent game developers and publishers, was founded in 1992. The company boasts over 600 employees in its Montreal studio and more than 200 million downloads. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands including Activision, Bombardier, La Capitale, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more. For more information visit: bhvr.com.