This job might no longer be available.
Concept Artist - Illustrator
14 days ago
DigitalFish is seeking a Concept Artist - Illustrator with expertise in illustrating clothing for next-generation metaverse avatars. You will produce 2D sketches and mock-up sketches over 3D still images for a variety of garment pieces.
As a contractor with DigitalFish, you'll work alongside a widely respected team enabling the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users. DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner for leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences.
Ideal candidates will have 2-5 years of relevant work experience, but if you think you’re the right fit, contact us, we’ll listen.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with designers, art directors, and product management to produce quality illustrations for the avatars’ clothing
- Illustrate clothing with a thought process around how those garments should move when connected to the 3D avatar
- Create sketches, model sheets, and clothing patterns to inspire and inform production
- Ensure concept art is consistent and cohesive within the product ecosystem
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Photoshop
- An exceptional understanding of garment form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding illustration and design
- Understanding of the process for translating 2D design to 3D real-time assets
- Strong visual and design sense, clearly demonstrated in your portfolio
- Strong foundation in traditional arts
- Great communicator with the ability to present and explain ideas in detail
- Ability to iterate concepts rapidly given input from designers and the Product Manager
- Professional attitude with a positive approach to constructive criticism
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- The hourly range for this contract position is $35.00 to $65.00/hr. The pay actually offered will take into account internal leveling, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors.
- Flexible working environment
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative, and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
Our team is fully remote, working effectively together in real time. We are at work between US East Coast and West Coast business hours. West Coast hours preferred.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us.
DigitalFish cannot sponsor immigration petitions for this contractor role at this time.
DigitalFish is committed to equal opportunities, ensuring all contractors are considered fairly throughout our selection process. We prohibit discrimination on grounds such as sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.