Concept Artist II - Legends of Runeterra
11 days ago
As a Character Concept Artist at Riot you will bring characters and creatures to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will help come up with visual solutions for game concepts
As a concept Artist on the Gameplay Team for Legends of Runeterra, you will be driving on the Creative, tone and visual execution behind our most iconic Champions and help build the world of Runeterra. You’ll work with a multi-discipline team of internal and external artists, as well as collaborate with designers, writers and producers to bring new ideas to life.
- Sketch, ideate, and iterate on concept art in collaboration with other developers
- Collaborate on the creative direction of our card-sets through multidisciplinary ArtJams
- Unblock the team by providing concept art and call-out sheets for illustrators to develop high-quality illustrations.
- Work closely with other disciplines to define a world that is both narratively and visually cohesive.
- Take your skillful knowledge of story tropes, archetypes, and narrative devices of all kinds to deliver feedback, supply paintovers, and offer direction for the designs that go into our worlds
- 3+ years of experience as a professional artist
- Strong linework and rendering skills with Photoshop or other relevant painting/design tools
- Solid understanding of the Runeterra IP and its champions
- Strong shape language, understanding of color and lighting
- Thrives in cross-discipline collaboration with a small team that aims to create exceptional art
- Ability to communicate final concepts clearly with call-outs.
- The ability to rapidly visualize, as well as illustrate/paint to production level
- Understanding on how visuals are perceived on both high-end PCs as well as mobile devices
- Solid illustration skills to render out parts of a concept to unblock the team
- TCG familiarity, and the desire to play TCG's.
- Experience running brainstorming sessions and collaborating with design and narrative teams.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.