Concept Artist II - League of Legends: Wild Rift, Personalization
2 months ago
The mission of Concept Art at Riot is to build deeper connections to games by creating unforgettable worlds and inspirational characters for players.
As Concept Artist II on Wild Rift's personalization team, you will work with artists of all disciplines, designers, and narrative to bring League of Legends' beloved champions and skins to life on Wild Rift. You will find the balance between remaining authentic to League of Legends designs while reimagining them for a new platform. As an experienced character concept artist, you'll work with your partners to envision and develop new, never before seen in the League universe, skin thematics that are resonant, compelling, and iconic. You will report into the Product Lead.
- Work with other art disciplines to create efficient solutions for building the look and feel of the character/creature and its visual effects
- Take your knowledge of story tropes, archetypes, narrative devices, trends and styles, global appeal, and genres of all kinds to improve the designs that go into our worlds
- Bring your understanding of human and animal anatomy and know how to stretch the limits while still maintaining a clear art direction
- Provide direction to external partners
- 3+ years experience as a character concept artist in game development
- Proficient in Photoshop and painting/design tools
- Experience with digitally painting volumetric form and material differentiation in an isometric and orthographic view
- Mandarin proficiency
- Portraiture painting experience
- Environment and backgrounds concept experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality art work - including stylized artwork. As a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).