Concept Artist - Environment Specialist #1182
14 days ago
Please note that vaccination is not considered to be fully in effect until 14 days after the 2nd shot. There is also a 3-4 week waiting period between the 1st and 2nd shot.
Contract length: 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
Work Location: Local WFH (must be ready to move back onsite once onsite operations resume)
Work hours: Fulltime
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA console title is looking for a sharp eye and a deft hand to help breathe a fresh vision into the game experience. Teamwork, innovation, attention-to-detail and unbridled passion are characteristics we look for in all of our artists. If you are a top talent looking for an exciting, high profile project to challenge you, this is where you need to be. The Concept Art Environment Specialist is central in establishing the overall vision of the universe, working with the Lead Concept Artist to create imagery that will communicate the visual experience, excite the team, and help blueprint all the aspects of the game for content authoring. He/she should bring a world class understanding of composition and color, a exceptional ability to render exciting architectural and environmental design, and a firm grasp of the practical aspects of content creation.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Lead Concept Artist and other Artists to define the look of the project, from global 'broad stroke vision' and mood to its specific, individual pieces.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the game universe and the constraints of the technology.
- Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Art Director and other relevant departments.
- Create key art and visual target illustrations of environments with an emphasis on implicit narrative or “environmental story-telling” as well as atmosphere, lighting, and composition.
- Create orthographic projections or construction guides for environment assets with an emphasis on contextually-appropriate form and function as well as material and texture.
- Assist the Art Director, Lead Concept Artist and other Senior Concept Artists in providing studio feedback during the course of production.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma with an emphasis on Art.
- Shipped at least one AAA game title.
- Outstanding grasp of architectural and environmental design coupled with strong traditional art fundamentals.
- Exceptional mastery of Photoshop, Painter, or other equivalent software.
- Ability to work collaboratively – The ideal candidate must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits