Concept Artist (Contract)
Redwood City California United States
13 days ago
Concept Artist (Marcom Production) - EA Redwood Shores
EA’s Marcom Production Design Team’s mission is to ignite the imaginations of players through world-class design strategy and craftsmanship. We are a multidisciplinary creative team responsible for branding and visual identity, graphic design, digital media design, and motion graphics.
Reporting to the Art Director and based in EA Redwood Shores California, the Concept Artist is responsible for the ideation and creation of concept art and illustration that support our franchise marketing campaigns across a variety of channel executions.
Our ideal candidate is a versatile artist who has experience in 2D or 3D character and environment concept art development. be able to illustrate characters, environments, and layouts in a variety of styles. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Brand Designer, and 3D Artist to define and develop the marketing art style for a variety of EA titles.
- Contribute to visual development of key art, splash art, and paid media assets with storyboards and concept art.
- Create concept and production ready art which includes characters, environments, and graphics.
- Create work that unifies the marketing strategy and game vision.
- Work in a hands-on environment that requires flexibility, imagination, a can-do attitude, a sense of fun, and the desire to learn and grow.
- Understand the importance of aligning the overall campaign narrative into visual storytelling.
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in game, film/television, or animation production.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in concept art and illustration, for both characters and environments.
- Excellent fundamental illustration skills such as drawing, painting, composition, perspective, color and light theory.
- Ability to interpret and create original and compelling concepts based on verbal or written description within a given style, from the idea phase all the way to the final concept.
- Ability to rapidly iterate concepts and produce a variety of quick sketches showing different approaches to the same design
- A strong ability to think in 2D and 3D.
- Skill in visual storytelling.
- Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within the brand and project parameters.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable making changes to work based upon layered feedback.
- Expert skills with 2D painting tools including Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with 3D modeling a plus
- Experience with image retouching/finishing is a plus.
- Passion for design and games!
BFA in Art and Illustration. 3D experience is a plus.