This job might no longer be available.
Concept Artist - Character - Overwatch 2
23 days ago
Job Title:Concept Artist - Character - Overwatch 2
Character Concept Artist - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…artists? We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Concept Artist who shares our values.
Using the skills of both artist and designer to their fullest potential, you live on the front line of development. You’ll work closely with designers and 3D artists to bring new heroes to our world, and visualize new takes on existing icons in the game. Your knowledge of anatomy and expression will reach new heights designing the heroes, villains, and the creatures between to inhabit the world.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose goal isn’t just painting a pretty picture but rather to make a truly immersive game experience.
Nobody values the contributions of concept artists like we do. If you’re ready to embrace the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Develop character concepts and skins including character sheets, movement studies and detailed breakouts for equipment and weapons
- Iterate on game assets with internal and external production artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in animation, film or game development focusing on conceptual artwork
- Experienced with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc
- A deep understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
- Excellent eye for light, value, composition, and color
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments
- Understanding of the distinctive Overwatch visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- A real passion for games
- Experience in crafting visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a concept artist
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Cover Letter is optional
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- All artwork submissions should be online (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- An art test may be required based on portfolio evaluation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.