Concept Artist - Battlefield Mobile!
15 days ago
Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, has taken on their next mission of creating the newest FPS title for mobile: Battlefield. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to work towards our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
The Concept Artist visualizes environments, weapons, vehicles, characters, color schemes and the overall mood and feel of the game. You should be comfortable creating rough sketches and happy to talk about the ideas in them. Also, you should be able to create industry leading final illustrations.
The images you create should inspire the team, help them visualize ideas, and provide direction.
- Produce a broad spectrum of concept work needed in a studio. Everything from quick thumbnails through to final illustrations and renders.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Production Teams, Concept Artists and Content Leads.
- Create high quality concept art that communicates style, mood, and tone of a world.
- Inspire and motivate a team through images
- Understand high level art style goals. Develop and iterate on a style that accomplishes these goals.
- Industrial design of unique vehicles, weapons and items
- Must have a passion for videogame creation and understand the challenges of creating great art in this environment.
- Strong traditional art skills
- Excellent, industry-leading understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting fundamentals with an application to both character and environment concept art.
- Proven ability to create final concept art images.
- 2+ years in game or film industry
- A passion for the challenges of creating great art in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong understanding of industrial design describing function and form
- Ability to understand, match, and create varied styles.
- A strong eye for composition
- A good grasp of concept development and the iterative design process
- Ability use 3D authoring software for shape/lighting reference is a plus
- An avid gamer is a plus