Concept Artist - Atomhawk UK
10 days ago
We want to hear from digital artists who are looking for a role in our award-winning UK team. As well as artists who have specialist areas of expertise we're also looking for more general ‘all-rounders’ of all grades and styles.
No formal training is required but an eye-catching portfolio is a must. We're looking for personalities who will fit our culture of innovative creativity and collaborative problem solving.
If this interests you, we encourage you to send us your portfolio and show us what you’d bring to our flock.
NOTE - At this time we are accepting remote work applications due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions on movement as well as in-house roles.
Artists at Atomhawk work on a variety of projects alongside their team members. We work at all stages of visual development, from early concepting through to production and marketing. We work with leading brands including WB Games, XBOX Game Studios, 2K, EA and Zenimax, helping shape the visual design of the games of tomorrow.
We look for the following things in people who want to join our team:
- Quality at all stages of the process – Creation of artwork that is well presented and defined from sketch through to final polish. You can see examples of our finished work on our website.
- Design thinking – Solving creative problems through innovative design, balancing form and function.
- Technical skill – Fluency in Photoshop and an understanding of complimentary software and tools.
- Art fundamentals – A strong grasp of colour, light, composition, anatomy, perspective and depth.
- Variety and iteration – The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
- Adaptability – Switching quickly and fluidly to new requirements and processes when required.
- Working to a brief – Understanding creative briefs, then considering elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
- Time management – Creation of high-quality work within allocated timescales.
- Collaboration – Receptive to taking feedback and working together with team-mates and clients.
As well as having the chance to work on some incredible projects, Atomhawk offers a unique environment for those wanting to be surrounded by like-minded creative people. We have one of the largest in-house teams of specialist digital artists in the world, providing a collaborative community that works, develops and socialises together.
Atomhawk provides structured career development and training pathways for staff at all levels. We offer flexible working hours and a strict ‘No-Crunch’ culture, meaning overtime is not required or forced within the art team. This is alongside a competitive salary, relocation allowance and comprehensive benefit scheme.
Our UK studio is based in the North East of England on the banks of the River Tyne. Newcastle Quayside is just a short walk from our office, with hundreds of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from. Not only being one of the UK’s most affordable major cities to live in, it is also close to the coast and countryside, perfect for when you want a change of pace from the buzz of the city. Transport connections are excellent, with Newcastle International Airport offering flights across the world.
Atomhawk is part of Sumo Group plc, one of the UK’s leading videogame developers.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.