Concept Art Internship
4 months ago
Job Title:Concept Art Internship
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living stipend to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
- Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating May 2023 or later.
- Available for a 12-week internship starting late May or late June.
- Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful artist in the video game industry.
- Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
- We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications ? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Collaborate with our concept team to produce quality design work, idea thumbnails and sketches, model sheets, and production paintings . We’re looking for someone who has imaginative ideas and knows how to translate them into beautiful images.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a strong art and design foundation with your portfolio.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and other illustration software.
- 3D experience is a plus.
- Work with artists on one of Blizzard’s award-winning franchises.
- Help create new concepts for characters, creatures, environments, props and other assets.
- Work closely with a mentor to level up your technical skills, artistic sensibilities, and build a strong work ethic.
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™ . Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $20.00 - $50.00 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.