Computer Graphics Engineer, Avatar Emotion
11 days ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
We are honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® since 2018 . We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Computer Graphics Engineer on our Avatar Emotion team , you will be working on projects that allow for our users to project their digital selves into the Metaverse. Powered by deep learning, computer vision and visual effects, we are enabling a new era of virtual communication and experiences through the creation, animation and sharing of personalized, 3D avatars.
- Experienced with OpenGL (both core and ES) and more advanced realtime rendering techniques
- Knowledgeable of scene-graphs and integrations with a rendering pipeline
- Knowledgeable of common computer animation constructs and skills such as skinning, texturing, keyframe animation, etc. including file formats and conversion
- Strong in C++ programming skills and object-oriented design
- Able to write organized, efficient, readable and reusable code
- Experienced in OSX, iOS, and Android
- Excellent with communication and collaboration
You Might Have:
- Mobile app development. Especially for 3D applications
- Experience with WebGL and/or other web-based 3D frameworks
- Advanced shader design possibly including environment lighting and shadows
- Experience programming in Unity or Unreal engine
- 5+ years of industry experience in writing tools or engines for games or VFX
- Proven ability to lead feature development from concept definition to shipping product
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination