Compliance Specialist, Trust & Safety
17 days ago
We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
Mythical Games is looking for a Compliance Specialist to work closely with our operations, legal, and technical teams to develop compliance and risk mitigation policies to address AML, PCI, GDPR, and other sanction risks for our games and internal systems. As a part of Mythical Games, you’ll have an opportunity to collaborate with an amazing team to build thorough and scalable auditing systems to ensure compliance with the ever changing regulatory landscape.
- Contribute to development of policies and controls, identify potential gaps in existing policies and make clear recommendations for improvement
- Assess the impact of new regulatory requirements on existing policies and controls. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to amend and meet new regulatory obligations
- Maintain policies and risk assessments that support AML and Sanction programs.
- Point of escalation for reviewing complex suspicious activity, Enhanced Due Diligence investigations, and compliance issues from Trust & Safety, Legal, or other teams.
- Work closely with the Compliance Officer to support external audit processes, ensuring readiness and compliance with regulatory exam and audit requests
- Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging peers and stakeholders across business, operations, and technology teams to educate on compliance concerns.
- 3+ years of experience in a compliance related role.
- Working knowledge of AML, PCI, GDPR, and OFAC sanction rules, laws, and regulations
- Capability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, problem solve, and continually calibrate priorities
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional partners of varying technical levels
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (“CAMS”) or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (“CFCS”) preferred
- Experience and knowledge of crypto-currencies and/or tokens is a plus
- Experience with marketplaces; bonus if you have experience with digital goods
- Experience in the gaming industry
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.