18 days ago
The role will be working for Tilia Pay UK Limited, the UK presence of Tilia Inc., part of Linden Lab, a pioneer in the creation of virtual worlds, Linden Lab has been in business since 2003 and is best known for “Second Life”, the world’s largest user-generated economy.
Primarily responsible for initiating research and conducting ongoing customer due diligence and analysis related to suspicious activities in an online environment. Responsible for monitoring and assessing compliance issues concerning the pattern and trends associated with money laundering and any other potential compliance-related risks. Assist with mitigating money laundering, terrorist financing, and fraud-related risk.
- Review and process requests/submissions related to customer due diligence requirements; follow-up with customers, when necessary.
- Provide direct support to the current compliance framework, which includes the immediate need to detect and investigate customer and transaction activities that are deemed suspicious per Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
- File timely suspicious activity reports (SARs).
- Recognize new/emerging patterns and respond with appropriate investigative techniques.
- Identify any existing gaps and make recommendations to enhance the suspicious activity reporting process and other AML related controls
- Support other areas of AML program, including OFAC compliance, CIP reviews, and recordkeeping requirements
- Assist with addressing external audits or reviews (including ongoing partner reviews that require compliance participation, AML independent audit, UK regulatory enquiries, US state audits, FinCEN MSB reviews, etc.).
- Prepare compliance reports for management review as needed.
- Attend company-training sessions to stay abreast of upcoming changes in local rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist) Certification preferred
- Advanced Google Sheet and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Access) including the use of pivot tables
- Experience using a CRM (freshdesk or zendesk)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment is a must
- Strong analytical skills required, and investigative experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional sound judgment skills.
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Ability to work on confidential and sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Comfortable executing independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year of direct experience as a compliance, operations, or service professional at a Money Services Business.
- Basic working knowledge of AML laws and regulations relative to money laundering, terrorist financing, Sanctions and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity
- Knowledge of monitoring of high-risk customer accounts is preferred.
- Prior customer relationship management experience is a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Fine Print :
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.