9 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking for a seasoned developer and security guru to help drive our various software security initiatives. The successful candidate will be committed to keeping our games and services fun for our players through defense against cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and any and all troublemakers. If you consider yourself an expert and champion against hacking, cracking, or any other spoil-making, this may be the job for you. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Security team is responsible for protecting our players, employees, and intellectual property.
- We support all Rockstar titles including Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption from malicious actors and insider threats.
- We work closely with many teams on enforcing and supporting our security monitoring platforms.
- Create and innovate solutions to better secure our products from known vulnerabilities.
- Proactively research unknown vulnerabilities in our products and implement appropriate mitigations.
- Research and implement various forms of anti-tamper technologies, anti-cheat technologies, and/or DRM.
- Follow software SDLC to integrate into the game team’s operations.
- Test cross-platform software solutions to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of programming fundamentals in C++
- A passion for solving difficult problems within computing architectures
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate and work within a distributed team
Please note these are desired skills and not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with industry-standard compiler technologies
- Familiarity with security exploits
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.