This job might no longer be available.
Benefits & Compensation Manager
2 months ago
Rec Room is an online universe where you can create and play games with your friends. We are growing and looking for a Benefits and Compensation Manager. To be successful you will bring a passion for benefits and compensation, be comfortable working in a flexible, iterative environment, and enjoy experimenting and thinking outside of the box.
In this role you will:
- Administer all US and Canadian employee benefits programs
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive industry trends in benefits programs
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs.
- Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations, timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees, and perform plan audits.
- Develop communication tools & materials to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Manage benefits orientations and open enrollment.
- Research and compare incentive compensation plans offered by demographically comparable organizations; assess competitors plans and make recommendations for enhancements or improvements required to keep the organizations plans competitive and effective.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommend changes that are consistent with compensation trends and company objectives.
- Manage the development, implementation and administration of compensation practices.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, trends, developments, and best practices related to ensuring the organization provides competitive and reasonable benefits and compensation programs.
We are looking for people with the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Five years of experience administering compensation or benefits programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits & compensation programs
- Thorough knowledge of plan designs and ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals.
- Experience developing compensation and rewards strategies that attract and retain talent.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative & forward thinking
- Approachable, and happy to provide guidance to managers, recruiters and others
- Focus on continuous improvement
Nice to have:
- Experience in the technology or gaming industry
- Experience with stock option programs
- Experience in a high growth, startup environment
- International benefits and compensation experience
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.