This job might no longer be available.
Irvine, CA, United States
5 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale.
The Compensation Team serves as trusted advisors to both HR and business leaders by carefully understanding the needs or problems areas and then providing guidance that marries the knowledge of market practices with the unique needs of our organization to create and maintain compelling and competitive compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain our epic talent.
We're looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our team in Irvine to act as the go-to resource for all things related to compensation, ranging from helping administer our multiple compensation cycles to creating tools that aid in making data- and market-informed decisions. If you’re someone who likes to learn new things, enjoys problem-solving, finding creative solutions and can roll with changes when they happen this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Manage salary survey participation including data audits, validation, benchmarking and recommending additional compensation data sources to determine our competitive position
- Help maintain and evolve Blizzard’s job & salary architecture by staying on top of best practices & market trends, as well the evolving needs of our business
- Review requests for new or revised role leveling to determine appropriate salary grade assignment and compliance with the exemption provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Assist in the set-up, delivery and support of the annual merit increase, bonus, and long-term incentive program
- Conduct in-depth competitive analyses and modeling for compensation programs, including external market analysis, internal pay equity analysis, government compliance and budget impact
- Assist in developing tools to help model, interpret and analyze external data or existing HR system data
- Review new hire offer packages, or incumbent salary adjustments, for consistency with market trends, compensation philosophy and established guidelines
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested and participate in special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a compensation/total rewards analyst role
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and take care of issues that do not always have a process or system in place, and a bias for taking action
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (e.g. working knowledge of vlookups, nested functions, pivot tables, charts/graphs, etc.) and comfort with modeling and data visualization
- Financial and accounting familiarity - the ability to partner with our Finance and Accounting colleagues to provide relevant data and investigate outliers
- Familiarity of Federal, state, and local employment law as it pertains to pay practices
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate conclusions, and present conclusions verbally or in writing
- Strong project management, customer service & interpersonal skills
- Postgraduate education in HR, MBA, or CCP a plus
- Advanced Excel skills including some VBA programming
- Deep understanding of compensation surveys, such as Radford or Croner
- Experience with key HR systems: MarketPay & Workday
- Resilience and high adaptability in a startup or fast-paced environment
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!