1 month ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Compatibility Analyst
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
Covid-19 Hiring Update : We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Partner with developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested
- Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure results through both manual and automated gray-box test approaches
- Execute interoperability, performance, and network emulation test sweeps across all platforms and provide technical analysis of results
- Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing
- Run and maintain automated testing scripts with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Collaborate with software developers and hardware vendors to investigate and resolve issues
- Build and troubleshoot computer systems, servers, and virtual machines
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Adhere to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback
- Configure, deploy, and maintain unique configuration systems
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in software or hardware testing
- Advanced knowledge of computer processors, memory, graphics, network technologies, and virtual machines
- Highly proficient in installing and maintaining all supported Windows and macOS operating systems
- Strong experience testing modern Windows, Mac, Mobile and Console platforms
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data/workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Flexible and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Passion for games, commitment to quality, and continuous improvement
- White box testing experience
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!