Company Secretary (full or part time)
13 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Company Secretary you will ensure Kwalee grows rapidly and efficiently by upholding a high standard of corporate governance and maintaining statutory records.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure Kwalee is following all governance and legal requirements and delivers bulletproof documentation!”
What you will really be doing
- Coordinating and administering Board and Executive meetings
- Company administration including drafting resolutions (with legal advice), maintaining statutory registers, Companies House filings
- Developing and overseeing systems to ensure Kwalee complies with all applicable codes
- Researching and advising on relevant compliance rules and assisting with internal training as required
- Reviewing and improving Kwalee’s governance processes and ensuring we comply with the Companies Act
- Work with the Board and Company to develop our corporate responsibility and sustainability policy and support in our projects
- Financial and legal administration
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Strong minute taking skills and concise action lists
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of UK company requirements and/or ability to proactively research them
- Strong relationship management skills
- Commercial and legal awareness
- Discretion and integrity when handling confidential information
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting priorities
- Minimum 3 years experience in a related role
- ICSA qualification preferred but certainly not essential
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.