Community and Influencer Manager
18 days ago
About Treehouse Games
We’re a development studio focused on building collaborative games for a growing, global audience of players who use games as their favorite way to hang out together. A remote-first studio, Treehouse is venture-backed and built by industry veterans - half of the team comes from gaming powerhouses including Microsoft, Riot Games and EA, and half comes from successful indie startups.
Treehouse is making cooperative experiences that are all about quality time spent with friends. Games that do this well today see amazing engagement among audiences all around the world - we’re looking for diverse candidates with unique backgrounds to bring these and other meaningful perspectives to our team.
Treehouse Games is looking for amazing people who are excited to create games that are the best way for friends to spend time together.
We are looking for a Community and Influencer Manager to join our startup and lead the community-building efforts for our innovative new game. This will be the only internal community or marketing position we hire before our early-access launch. A successful candidate has a passion for communicating with players, is a scrappy social media manager, and is excited to flex into broader marketing work. They will also have an in-depth understanding of cooperative gaming communities and ideally have experience with the survival crafting genre.
The purpose of the role is to generate excitement for our new game title and build a passionate community of players and content creators. You will be responsible for leveraging new and existing relationships with content creators to drive organic content creation and earned media. You will be responsible for managing our social media channels and creating content to drive engagement, increase followers, and build brand awareness. Additionally, you will be responsible for community management, including engaging directly with players, moderating communication through email, Discord, and more, and addressing any issues or concerns that arise.
Who you are
- A natural communicator and a creative thinker with excellent social media skills, who can come up with new and innovative ways to engage with our community.
- Proficient at working in a fully remote team environment. We balance synchronous and asynchronous communication across multiple time zones to get things done.
- Proactive at identifying areas of concern and independently acting on it. We're a small team and the impact of each person is huge!
- Able to drive forward on your role, but happy to pitch in wherever needed - we’re a startup and need folks to be flexible to the needs of a small, scrappy team
- Considerate with feedback in both directions. We work to always receive feedback gracefully, deliver feedback constructively, and have discussions and disagreements respectfully.
- Team-minded, a cross-discipline thinker that is mindful of the downstream impact of their work.
- Persistent at maintaining a healthy perspective about the larger game we’re building together. We do the extra work to value every team member's point of view and we’re looking for fresh perspectives, especially of those from diverse backgrounds.
- Excited to work on cooperative games with a focus on fun experiences with friends.
If this sounds like you, keep reading…
- Work closely with the CEO and Creative Director to create the community strategy for our first product.
- Actively manage all of our social channels for the game like our Discord, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- Create player-facing content like blogs, social media posts, and events.
- Build and manage relationships with content creators who are excited about our game and vision, empowering them as advocates.
- Build close partnerships with the internal team to align others around the strategy, and advocate for what we need to execute.
- Communicate ideas often and broadly, soliciting cross-discipline feedback and then thoroughly documenting them for clear execution.
- Previous experience in creating communities for new games as they launch
- Prior experience working in a start up game studio launching with new IP
- Prior professional experience working with influencers
- Online availability during our core hours of 10 am to 3 pm PST
- Experience identifying and building relationships with content creators who are excited about pro-social, collaborative survival crafting games
- 5+ years of professional working experience managing influencers or large-scale player communities
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced understanding of industry knowledge and trends
- Creative mindset with firsthand experience creating quality content
Within the U.S., the standard minimum base pay for this role is $95,000 Annual. Actual salary will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to competitive salary, employees in this role will also earn equity. Stock options are a large part of our compensation philosophy of investing in Treehouse's future together and sharing in success.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Early Company Equity
Medical Travel Support
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Company-paid life insurance
401k plan with 3% company matching
Flexible work schedule
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Extended Winter Break
Treehouse Games is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.