Community Marketing Specialist
San Francisco, CA
7 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Community Marketing Specialist will participate in achieving the goals of educating, engaging, and exciting the community. You will use brand programs to guide education across the community about Twitch’s current and long-term goals. You will create touch points within the community through Twitch projects, events, and new opportunities. You will bring messaging to the community and help create the future narrative of Twitch.
The Community Marketing Specialist will directly report to Head of Community Marketing and work with the Community Marketing Manager across Community Marketing projects and efforts to assist with other teams.
- Facilitate administrative needs within Community Marketing campaigns, encompassing local, national and international marketing plans, including MeetUps, Twitch Tours, formal events, and other engagements;
- Help support new opportunities to engage the Twitch community through the use of brand and content;
- Work closely with Partnerships and Marketing teams on Creator discovery and promotion by maintaining communication with creators during project lifecycles;
- Collaborate closely with Product, Content, Influencer, and Brand Marketing teams, and Events to guide a narrative across the creator community, specifically related to project management and organizational needs;
- Develop communications and public-facing documentation for both education and campaign outreach;
- Can aid in the support of creators as it pertains to coordinating event activities, email marketing campaigns, and creator-centric surveys
- Collaborate with the Community Marketing team at a local level, with true understanding and support of creator needs.
- Experience planning creator-focused events or activations, and scheduling with multiple participants on a large-scale
- Must be organized , strategic , creative and be able to clearly communicate how plans will help organizational goals
- Self-Starter mentality: will effectively work independently and autonomously
- Interpersonal skills : effectively communicating , building rapport , and relating to others at all levels
- Managing and completing multiple projects and priorities at the same time within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to travel to conventions approximately 30 days per year
- Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel , Google docs and sheets
- Experience in the gaming and Content Creator space
- Deep knowledge of the games industry and games media
- Familiarity with Twitch as a user and broadcaster
- Strong existing relationships within the gaming community
- Experience with event software and planning tools, such as Peoplesoft
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.