Dublin County Dublin Ireland
10 days ago
VELA GAMES IS LOOKING FOR A PLAYER-CENTRIC GAME COMMUNITY PROFESSIONAL TO DEVELOP AND GROW AN EARLY COMMUNITY AROUND OUR NEW MULTIPLAYER ONLINE CO-OP (MOCO) GAME.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the foundation of Vela Games; someone who has a passion for games, players, and digital interaction. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of all things community: communications, content, social media, and influencer relationships. They are skilled at crafting and executing community plans that bring these things together in a way that excites and delights players.
As a Community Manager, you will work on projects that seek to engage, understand, and represent the voice of the player by building player trust, fostering community engagement and dialogue, and amplifying player feedback.
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model but we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but transition to full time in Dublin, Ireland at a later time. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do
- Contribute to community content strategy and planning
- Drive player-facing communications and engagement on all community channels
- Create and share compelling digital content (social media postings, video, blogs, and eventually game updates and communications)
- Develop, execute, and analyze the performance of key community initiatives (live events, contests, influencer/streamer programs and partnerships)
- Drive content creator strategy by identifying potential new creators and building strong relationships with existing partners
- Establish feedback loops with players and dev teams by reporting community sentiment and updating community channels
- A minimum of 3 years experience in community, communications, content, or social media in the games industry
- A track record of exceptional product and brand communications and copywriting
- In-depth knowledge of current game community and content distribution channels like Discord, Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Highly-organized, proactive self-starter, with demonstrated ability to plan and self-manage concurrent content pipelines and programs
- Deep enthusiasm and passion for digital games, streaming, creators, and game communities
- Advanced degree in communications, marketing, business management, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Project management training and experience
- Video publishing and/or graphic design experience
- Existing strong personal network within game space
- Competitive Salary
- Company Share Options
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible PTO with Summer & Winter Breaks
- Parental Leave Flexibility