This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
The Community Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the community engagement plans created by their game’s Community Developer, including engaging players in conversations on forums and social channels, and supporting the creation of community content such as FAQs, livestreams, and guides. Community Managers have a thorough understanding of contemporary gaming genres and platforms, including fluency with games-as-a-service practices and production/business models. The Community Manager is a creative and passionate gamer, comfortable with online communities and social media, with excellent communication skills, and with the ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment with a distributed team.
Status: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Cary, NC
Core Hours: 9am to 6pm Monday - Friday
- Collaborate on defining and helping to execute the community engagement strategy driven by the Community Developer for the title(s) in question.
- Build and maintain a calendar of content, events, and activities designed to keep players engaged with the product and franchise.
- Create player-facing resources and content such as articles, guides, videos, and FAQs to help enhance and deepen the player experience.
- Devise and manage contests and other events, and facilitate the fulfillment of prize delivery when necessary.
- Interface with internal production resources to produce assets required to support content deliverables.
- Communicate directly with the player base via the game’s website, forums, and other social media channels, and review/proof/copyedit outbound communications to ensure readability and alignment.
- Develop a messaging plan that aligns with content calendar and is designed to keep engagement across these channels at a maximum level.
- Help stimulate and moderate player conversations across these same channels.
- Build an identity and develop an active and engaged relationship with players in the fan-base.
- Develop programs to identify key influencers and leverage these community members to help evangelize the product for the community.
- Assess the community’s pulse, understand community concerns, and communicate community status to internal development partners.
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly reports capturing a snapshot of overall community health.
- Report on areas of concern for the community, surface trending topics/threads, and share/contextualize engagement metrics.
- 3-5 years experience in a community management role.
- Experience in the video game industry a significant plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite or other visual content software a plus.
- Content creation, including creative assets for social media desired but not required.
- Previous experience with user moderation in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forum, live chat, or other game mastering tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to create quality documentation for internal and external audiences.
- Strong understanding of social media services, mechanics, and trends, especially Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook.
- Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation a plus.
- A passion for gaming.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 5 continents across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
The company’s 40+ different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.