A Community Manager at System Era is the voice of players, working with the Marketing & Communications Team to foster an inclusive, engaged, and growing community. The Mar/Comm squad at SES strives to be more than just a team focused on selling games. We aim to create an engaging and frank dialogue with our players that ensures our community connects with our game and company, while helping redefine the player-developer relationship.
In this position you will be deeply embedded in our existing online communities, helping ensure that all of our platforms online are safe and inviting places for our players while making sure they get the help they need. Additionally, you will work closely with the rest of the development team to advocate for players' needs, while helping the Mar/Comm bring communication to our players wherever they are.
Due to COVID-19, the System Era team is currently working remotely. This position will begin with remote work and has the option of co-location with the team in Seattle as soon as it is safe and reasonable to do so. Compensation includes salary, benefits with full medical and dental coverage for Washington-based employees or a monthly benefit stipend for remote employees, 401k with company match, and may include relocation assistance. We look for candidates who value joining a team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Daily communication with our players online by answering questions, offering support, and just generally engaging/having fun with em'
- Create compelling written communications like blog posts, patch notes, and social media copy
- Direct our volunteer moderation team to make sure our online spaces are friendly, inclusive, and helpful
- Collaborate with the Mar/Comm team to support communication efforts for updates
- Grow our relationships by engaging with and supporting our content creators and their communities.
- Regularly communicate with the internal team to highlight awesome community work, player sentiment, and live issues.
- Suggest and drive new initiatives and programs to help grow our online spaces
- A passion for creating and maintaining positive online spaces
- Exceptional communication skills both online and face to face
- Professional or volunteer experience working with communities in video games (Not just professional community managers. Raid leaders, discord/forum and streaming moderators, content creators, and other community leaders....you count too!)
- A deep understanding of online platforms and how to use them (Discord, Social Media, Twitch, Reddit)
- Proficient skills in gathering and presenting KPI metrics from all of the above platforms for the team to digest
- Willingness to participate in streams, AMA's, videos, and other community focused content
- Desire to explore emergent online spaces that System Era should be aware of
Nice to have:
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to create video content for Youtube
- An understanding of automated social bots for Discord and Twitch
- Basic understanding of Adobe products to create assets for our communities