Vancouver, BC, Canada
12 days ago
Do you believe in collaboration and cultivating relationships through storytelling and engagement?
Do you take pride in building a dynamic global gaming community?
If so, our Community Manager role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As a Community Manager with Age of Empires IV, you will work as a part of our team to tactically drive our worldwide engagement plans and community programs. You will be the link between the dev team and the community, ensuring our players come first. You like to dig deep at the root of problems to help find actionable solutions and improve the quality of the games we make. By being on the forefront of content creation and being part of the community management team, you will directly engage with our fans and support the development team for years to come. This is a full-time opportunity to join our studio in beautiful Vancouver.
As a Community Manager you will…
- Work with internal development team and external partners to oversee the content process pipeline
- Create engaging copy, original content, and creative briefs for the community team
- Partner with our creative teams to manage an asset repository for community & marketing use
- Leverage your understanding of content discovery and how to optimize those levers within popular digital media platforms in the market
- Sift through data and KPIs to shape and evolve strategy by continually testing, learning, and optimizing content
- Tackle additional community management tasks shared by the community team, including managing community channels, policies, and data analysis across all platforms
- Represent Relic both internally and externally at events, on camera, and in channels as needed
You are a great fit if you have…
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in a content management or similar role in the gaming industry
- A bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, or commiserate experience
- An eye for quality and attention to detail to deliver high-calibre content on tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills across verbal, written, and presentation formats
- Experience working cross-functionally with external teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
- A desire to grow and learn with us
- A love for games! You are a gamer at heart and understand the RTS space
It’s a bonus if you have…
- AAA games experience
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Experience managing or creating a community
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.