14 days ago
Kwalee is a leading independent game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
Our ideal Community Manager will have plenty of experience in community management for games developers in a full-time role in an established platform holder or video games company, be an expert in social media, play well with others and can think outside the box.
What you tell your friends you do
“I help build & support the great development communities who build Kwalee’s mobile games and devise new initiatives to help them grow.”
What you will really be doing
- Developing and executing social media and community management strategies to establish Kwalee’s Publishing services to game developers.
- Becoming a recognised figure and a go-to contact for developers
- Establishing (or helping to establish and maintain) a working framework of systems and processes to plan & deliver effective social media and community campaigns.
- Maintaining and growing Kwalee’s social media presence with developers
- Maintaining and growing Kwalee’s Developer mailings and coaching resources.
- Making our development communities great places to be where our partners can find information and ideas by leveraging social media and other platforms.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- Previous experience with developer communities including in a social media and community management role for an established video games, platform or technology company
- Ability to conceptualise and execute effective social media and community management strategies to cover developer requirements
- Passion for games and knowledge of industry trends and key players
- Experience in establishing meaningful KPIs and metrics to monitor the performance of the social media and community team’s work and ability to report to senior management in a concise and timely manner.
- Comfortable on camera and ideally with experience as a content creator on YouTube or Twitch
- Interested in the gaming community and social media trends, the successful candidate will use this mindset to assist with developer outreach
- Good understanding of new and emerging platforms, e.g. TikTok, with an interest in innovating with them as part of a rounded community strategy
- Ability to work with other functional teams in the Mobile Publishing Department, as well as with other teams within Kwalee.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.