15 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose:A Community Manager at Jagex will execute community-focused campaigns, designed to empower and engage our players across multiple communication touchpoints, from newsposts to social media.
They will represent our players’ collective voice to the wider Development and Publishing teams, and represent Jagex to our player-base, aiming to grow and nurture online communities of different types of player.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the champion of the player, representing and communicating for the studio to our players, and for the players to the studio
- Operate and manage Jagex’s community platforms including forums and social media profiles
- Manage and administrate our variety of player communities, as well as influencers and partners
- Act as a brand evangelist, maintaining a deep understanding of game content, and Publishing activities in order to promote them to our player communities
- Engage with the product team, taking an active role in steering development of game content based on player feedback – acting as a customer stakeholder in decisions
- Support and direct Publishing activity and initiatives, providing player-led insights to best inform comms and Marketing campaigns
- Schedule, manage and feature in broadcasted media including livestreams, videos and podcasts
- Monitor and report on community sentiment and engagement, liaising with outsourced Community Management and feeding back to the Lead Community Manager
- Assist in the creation, development and management of compelling in-game and real-world campaigns; utilising cross-team collaboration, engagement strategies, and project management to connect staff, players and communities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and practical knowledge of all major social media and video distribution platforms
- Experience and practical knowledge of live streaming and written content creation
- Prior and relevant experience of community management or social media communications experience
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.