GungHo Online Entertainment
El Segundo California
5 days ago
Located in Southern California, GungHo Online Entertainment America Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese game company GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Publishing titles across multiple platforms ranging from console to handheld and mobile, our group is comprised of veterans from various aspects of the industry brought together by one simple thing: a love of gaming.
This position is responsible for coordinating the community strategy and best practices across all titles, with the objective of growing player base while maintaining a high level of engagement and customer satisfaction. The Community Manager will be a well-versed writer and communicator, and have experience with social media and marketing concepts. The Community Manager will collaborate with the Product and Customer Support teams to ensure the quality and development of the games’ success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop strategies for maintaining player engagement using social media, customer support, events and promotions.
- Stay abreast of the concerns and issues of both official and unofficial communities by employing thoughtful and genuine moderation practices.
- Curate and generate content for players to engage with based off player feedback and communication with product teams.
- Speak on behalf of product teams to ensure proactive dialogue and transparency exists between the player base and the company.
- Manage both website, social media, and other CMS to provide up-to-date information on the state of games to the player base.
- Collaborate with vendors to provide cutting edge methods of outreach while growing the community at large.
- Report on the state of the community using established documenting methods, relevant metrics, and KPIs.
- Communicate creatively and effectively to help generate excitement and enthusiasm among fans.
- Edit and proofread text to ensure a high standard of quality is met before deploying messaging.
- Edit localized text or assist in translation to be submitted to product team.
- Assist and help produce official company live streams, on and off camera.
- Edit images according to the needs of stakeholders and good design practices.
- Have an understanding and knowledge of basic video editing, applicable software, and necessary video and audio equipment.
- Collaborate with product teams to provide feedback on game builds.
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties that are assigned by upper management.
- Travel on business or works beyond normal work hours when necessary.
Qualifications / desired experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Well-versed writer and communicator.
- 1-2 years of experience working with social media and marketing concepts.
- Ability to keep current on top grossing games and what makes them successful.
- Proven track record of generating results in a data-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong writer with great attention to detail.
- Passion for games!
Why you want to work here:
At GungHo, we’re enthusiastic about creating fun games and we’re always looking for talented individuals with whom we can share our passion. We’re in a startup phase so we have a highly collaborative, playful, and laid-back culture where everyone wants to work together to get things done. Everyone is a true specialist in his/her own field so you will constantly learn new things from your fellow coworkers while sharing your own knowledge with them.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for you and your dependents
- 401(k) with employer match
- 6 days of sick leave and 5 days of personal day per a year!
- Company events with catering
- Gym access
- Lots of scrumptious snacks!
- Walking distance from shopping malls