The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Do you enjoy the time you spend gaming as much as the time you spend talking about the games you play? Are you an active member of the Discord communities across the games you play? Do you constantly check the latest game forum posts and threads on Reddit? Are you someone who thrives on fostering togetherness from individuals who have an array of diverse perspectives on any range of topics?
If you said “definitely” to yourself as you read the above, then we’d love to talk to you about a career at Gearbox Publishing. We are looking for a Community Manager to nurture, grow, and serve our player communities as we set out to entertain the world.
- Support development of community content strategy and player-facing communication, including, but is not limited: consistent engagement with players on community channels (i.e. Discord); drafting and posting of patch notes and blogs; in-game and platform messaging platforms; development of reactive messaging for issues as they arise.
- Establish channels on community platforms, oversee of those platforms, and recruit and supervise moderators.
- Collaborate closely with internal counterparts on Gearbox Publishing’s PR, Social Media, and Brand teams, among others, in order to develop cohesive and holistic communications strategies in support of Gearbox titles.
- Develop and execute innovative community initiatives including contests, live events (i.e. meetups), content partnerships, and programs for content creators and influencers.
- Manage content calendars and milestones, delivering content to cross-functional and regional teams.
- Establish feedback loops to ensure development teams are consistently receiving updates from player communities, such as community sentiment, concerns and suggestions for content fixes, new content, and overall quality of life improvements.
- Analyze and report on content and program performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- 2-3 years of experience in a community management role.
- Prior experience in either the video game industry or an industry adjacent to it
- Familiarity with and experience in user moderation in a digital/online environment, including experience working with forum, live chat, or other game mastering tools.
- Have served as an externally facing voice of a company, brand, or video game title with well-honed de-escalation skills.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with agencies responsible for community engagement with non-English speaking audiences in non-English speaking markets.
- Has previous experience working on AAA products at a gaming publisher, developer, or agency.
- Knowledgeable about Gearbox-owned IPs (Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, Risk of Rain, Duke Nukem, Homeworld, among others).
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.