3 months ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A COMMUNITY MANAGER HAVE AT ESG
As a Community Manager, you will join East Side Games and work on creative and engaging content for two of our biggest titles: Trailer Park Boys and Bud Farm Idle ! Daily, you’re interacting with a global player base through live streams, social media platforms, newsletters, and in-game notifications. This role is highly creative, and you’ll work on building the player engagement strategies with Growth, Production and Art. Your passion for games truly connects you to our audience!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Produce live streams. You’ll play our titles and interact with our globally distributed audience.
- Work on editing, proofreading, posting, blogging, and creating other inbound content.
- Meet with game producers and external brand holders to develop and plan strategies related to improving customer engagement
- Assist games teams and customer support with social media messaging for live operations issues.
- Engage directly with players on social media, answering questions or simply replying to a compliment with an appropriate GIF.
- Report and track the effectiveness of social content and email campaigns.
- Play our games!
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 2+ years' experience in online or digital inbound content marketing, preferably within the mobile game space.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or college diploma in business, marketing, or communications, or equivalent experience. Applicable work experience without a degree is 100% acceptable too!
- Comfortable being in front of a camera and engaging our player base with fun, authentic, interactive live streams.
- A craft in writing, with clear examples of engaging copy for social posts, newsletters or in-game news features
- Proficiency with email marketing tools (e.g. Mailchimp), social media scheduling tools, one or more content creation editing tools (video preferred), and landing page creation (e.g., Unbounce).
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge brands IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly 2SLGBTQIA+QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.