17 days ago
Job Title:Community Manager
Activision Blizzard is seeking an experienced community manager passionate about the entertainment industry, player communities, communication, and social media. This contributor role works in close partnership with the publishing teams and game teams to build player excitement and relationships on behalf of the franchise.
The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of digital brand marketing and communications, with a proven track record of large-scale community development efforts in the entertainment industry.
- Work together with local franchise managers to build the publishing plans making sure that the Content strategy is aligned
- Contribute to the design and execution of all global community development programs for all the different franchises
- Manage communication plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement
- Design and manage community development projects
- Control quality
- Build relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, and volunteers
- Work closely with publishing and web & mobile teammates making sure all the strategy is aligned
- Analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Provide meaningful feedback to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions
- Talent and influencer identification and development
- Social boosting planning and coordination.
- Coordinate CMS management and publishing
- Content vendors coordination (internal and external)
- Create engagement opportunities at in-person and online events
- Creating reports, learnings and analytics about: channels & Content performance, voice of the players, sentiment, buzz, local trends
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events
- Thorough knowledge on the social media trends, publishing tools
- Gaming and Mobile knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years’ experience with brand communications, forums, and social media
- Minimum two years’ experience with third party relationship management
- Minimum two years’ experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
- Staff coaching experience
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
- Video production and / or graphic arts experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!