Community Manager, World of Tanks
15 days ago
As a Community Manager for World of Tanks you are responsible for communicating key messaging to players in an approachable yet professional manner, while simultaneously collecting feedback from players to share with the team. Wherever players are, that’s where you need to be. That includes official channels like Discord and our forum, and unofficial channels like Reddit. While this role acts as a representative of the game to our player base, you’ll also need to see things from a player perspective: Understanding what they want, what their concerns are, and how to best communicate key talking points with them.
Being proactive is key. Not only do you need to present the player perspective to the rest of your peers in the Regional Publishing Group, but you must also anticipate player response and coordinate with other members of the Player Engagement team to best communicate those ideas. In short, you facilitate two-way communication between our internal teams and our players.
Behind the scenes as a Community Manager you take ownership of community initiatives and drive the entire process from planning to execution. You are expected to collect and report on player sentiment and stay up to date on changes to the game and developments within the overall video-game industry. You are also expected to collaborate with coworkers in different teams and provide a player-facing perspective to projects outside of the typical scope of community.
As a Community Manager you’ll be expected to cultivate experience in your specialization and communicate regularly with other teams in the Regional Publishing Group. Additionally, you are also responsible for understanding what the daily, weekly, and quarterly priorities are for your team and creating initiatives in step with the rest of the Product Team.
Lead Community Manager
What will you do?
- Plan, design, and lead player-facing community initiatives
- Proactively participate in discussions with our players across official and unofficial channels
- Act as a communication conduit between our players and internal partners; sharing messaging with players and providing feedback from a player perspective
- Collaborate with other members of the Regional Product Group to coordinate on promoting major features, updates, and events
- Consult with internal partners when a player perspective is needed
- Prepare detailed feedback reports on player sentiment
- Plan and participate in offline events and player gatherings
- Assist in creating World of Tanks content for YouTube, Twitch, social media, and our web site
What are we looking for?
- At least two years of experience working in the games industry on a community team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of work and experience
- Experience using sentiment analysis (manual and automated) and data visualization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to convey complicated, nuanced ideas in a professional manner
- Experience with hosting offline events, including both planning and working at events
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and community management
- Experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Familiarity with task management and software development software like Jira, Confluence, or Target
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Familiarity with World of Tanks (PC) or other Wargaming game titles
- Experience with corporate social media management
- Experience hosting streams or YouTube videos
- Photo and/or video editing experience
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.