Community Manager / Team Recruiter
Winston-Salem NC us
7 days ago
In this volunteer position you will be doing public relations for The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order through advertising and communicating with fans on social media. You will also be assisting with team recruitment and assisting with introductory interviews. To go into more detail:
- Communicating with the public about The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order through our social media sites: Facebook, Twitter and Discord
- Advertising our game to third-party communities
- Assisting with public updates through our update sites: our WordPress, our Discourse Forum and our IndieDb page.
- Reviewing applicants through our open positions on our Job Aggregator websites, and seeking out other such sites to post job ads: SmartRecruiters, AngelList and others
- Sometimes handling introductory interviews through Skype (no webcam or microphone: all of our interviews, and team communication for that matter, do not require either)
Communication is key to this job title: you must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other team members as well as the public community for our game. You also should not be afraid to ask any questions should any problems arise. We are an English-speaking team, so English fluency is an absolute must.
If you are comfortable with teaching, you may be called upon to aid the more junior members of the team in any relevant area.
Other duties include: attending Slack meetings (Slack is an instant messaging we communicate with); completing monthly reports; and following team policies.
This is a volunteer position, so no monetary compensation is being offered.
- Previous experience with social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter and Discord
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine (not much is required). You must have a machine that can run the software: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Recommended_Hardware
- Fluent English Writing
- Online communication and Team-collaboration skills
- Previous experience with public relations and community management
- Previous experience with job recruitment and interviewing
- The ability to take high-definition screenshots
- Unreal Engine 4 ( https://www.unrealengine.com/register )
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Epoch Games is a volunteer-based, all-online, global game development team. We have no centrally-located headquarters and are unincorporated at this time. Most of the original founding members were modders developing the total conversion Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) mod for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
Currently Epoch Games is developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO). LoA:SO is an in-development indie open-world RPG set in an original fantasy world. The game is being developed using Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 (UE4):
For more information about the game, please check out our IndieDb page:
NOTE: The address listed is N/A. We are a fully-online team with no central headquarters at this time. Communication is mostly done via Slack (an instant messaging application) and Trello (an online project collaboration tool).