Community Manager, Tabletop Magic
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
6 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We’re seeking a Community Manager to join our ranks and help build the future of the realm! You’ll need every tool in your kit and spell in your book to get it done: Engaging posts, a deep understanding of the ancient texts of community sentiment, a grappling hook (maybe!), and probably a few good memes too. This role will lead the Magic: The Gathering tabletop community (reporting to the Senior Communications Manager) and should have a passion for and experience in games community management.
What You'll Do
- Engage with Magic fans, friends, and familiar faces every single day.
- Craft compelling player-facing communications for announcements and products.
- Build and execute strategic community development campaigns in concert with the Marketing team.
- Manage sentiment to foster a creative, safe, vibrant and welcoming community.
- Use behind the scenes tools to help facilitate Magic content and communications around the world.
What You Bring
- 3-5 years experience managing game communities
- Proficiency in social media management and reporting tools (such as Sprinklr).
- Experience with content management software a plus
- Strong Magic knowledge preferred.
- A dedication to fan communities and gaming.
- Creativity, passion, and enthusiasm for community management.
- Experience monitoring, reporting, and managing community sentiment.
- Knowledge of voice, tone, and other buzzwords for how we speak to our fans.
- A mind for developing communications tools to help moderation teams interact with our fans in positive ways.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.