This job might no longer be available.
Community Manager (Nigeria)
28 days ago
Carry1st is the leading publisher of mobile games in Africa. We work with studios across the globe to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. In addition, Carry1st has built a proprietary payments engine, Pay1st, and ecommerce platform, the Carry1st Shop, which allows customers to pay for digital content leveraging local payment methods.
As one of our Community Managers,
- Conceptualize and build gaming communities for games in the Carry1st portfolio (MPL and Africa Glam)
- Act as the face of the company within the gaming community. Foster a sense of belonging and excitement among players.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase the size and engagement of the gaming community across various platforms (social media, forums, Discord, etc.).
- Maintain a safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for community members. Enforce community guidelines and manage user-generated content.
- Collect feedback, suggestions, and concerns from the community and relay them to the relevant teams within the company.
- Promote in-game events, competitions, and tournaments to keep the community engaged and excited.
- Address community inquiries, issues, and requests while ensuring a high standard of customer support.
- Use data and metrics to measure community engagement, growth, and sentiment, and provide regular reports to the company.
What makes you a great candidate?
- Located in Nigeria
- A passion for the gaming industry, and for mobile games in particular
- Knowledge and involvement in Nigeria's local gaming ecosystem
- Proven experience as a Gaming Community Manager or similar role.
- Proven ability to grow communities and use them to drive business objectives.
- Proficiency in using chat forums (Discord, Reddit, Facebook Groups) and community management tools.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate engaging content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Familiarity with analytics and data-driven decision-making.
- Adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Availability to engage with the community outside of regular working hours when necessary.
- Open to travel
At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming and fintech
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimize your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Forbes announced that Andreessen Horowitz led Carry1st’s $20M Series A Extension
- The Hollywood Reporter announced that Nas and Google joined Carry1st’s $20M round
- PocketGamer.Biz announced that Carry1st raised $20 million to create the “Garena of Africa”