Community Manager Lead (m/f/d)
8 days ago
About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 260 people in over 29 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am - 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Lead Community Manager to join our DECA team. You will lead all community-related topics across the company while managing a team of Community Managers across all our titles.
This role will be reporting to the Head of Studio Operations and you will work closely with key stakeholders to create and iterate on our best practices. As DECA has a wide-ranging portfolio of games that is steadily growing, we need someone who can help us grow our communities and ensure we move in the right direction at all times.
In this role, you will maximize the impact your team has through close mentoring, clear direction, as well as hands-on involvement. Strategic feedback on key communication areas is a must for this role as you will be working closely with the company leadership.
Our future Lead Community Manager must be a multitasker, able to handle multiple games, tasks, and people while remaining focused on the key priorities and know what works and what doesn’t, how players will react and you are able to predict our needs before they arise.
If you are an open and social person, a pleasure to work with, not just for our players, but for anyone you come in contact with in the DECA team, then this is YOUR role.
- Oversee all community operations across all of DECA’s games.
- Lead the identification, development, and implementation of our community engagement strategy, process, and programs.
- Manage, guide, and mentor all Community Managers.
- Provide hands-on support on critical issues in our communities and communications.
- Set and track accurate KPIs to show progression, evaluate ROI & establish proper internal benchmarks and best practices.
- Work closely with business owners, product managers, and producers to ensure each game has the staffing, strategy, and guidelines they need to succeed.
- Prioritize the workload of your team, as well as company-wide initiatives to provide the most value.
- Take part in new game acquisition early on to determine the community needs, in order to be able to set strategy and staffing needs in advance.
- 6+ years of experience in community management in gaming.
- 2+ years of experience as a manager of community managers, or equivalent.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders to provide value through an accurate understanding of needs and game-specific nuances.
- Proactive mindset to identify key areas to work on for yourself and your teams.
- Able to lead company-wide projects across games and teams.
- Native English level communication in both written and spoken.
- Hands-on experience with multiple game titles, ideally across mobile and PC platforms.
- Sound judgment for making program management and community health decisions..
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Strong handle on the value and use of style guides and community principles.
- A passion for gaming & gaming experiences of all kinds.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage several projects in parallel, with unique deliverables & timelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 29 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.