Community Manager, Japan
1 month ago
Team Name:Community Development
Job Title:Community Manager, Japan
Blizzard Entertainment seeks a talented individual, who is responsible for leading community management for Blizzard franchises in Japan. We are looking for an experienced manager with proven background in community management and social media engagement.
The ideal candidate is an individual with in-depth game playing experience and high-level understanding of the gaming industry in Japan, community, and social media platforms/content.
The person needs to be creative, self-motivated, and proactive, and should be able to set best in class community and influencer marketing strategies and communicate well with both HQ (Irvine, USA) and local/regional stakeholders for all key projects.
- Plan and execute community/influencer-related programs and content in Japan that acquire new fans and engage existing ones.
- Inform and engage Japanese players and fans through forums, social media channels, streams and other venues.
- Manage franchise owned media such as Battle.net app, YouTube, and other social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter on a daily basis.
- Plan YouTube and social media content that can increase player engagement in line with in-game content beat and promotion.
- Coordinate directly with streamers, creators, influencers and business managers or agents to build and execute key influencer, high-impact programs in Japan.
- Evaluate and analyze social media content including YouTube seek effective ways to drive improvement.
- Provide meaningful feedback on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions to ensure optimal engagement, community impact, and enhanced company/franchise reputation.
- Help craft our narrative message, including talking points, messaging and social posts
- Develop reports on community activities and pulse/voice of the community, and share analysis with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide editorial direction, planning, and guidance to our community publishing efforts.
- Build/manage relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, and external key community managers to promote our communication efforts
- Build strong relationships within the team (Japan & APAC region), Blizzard HQ, and key stakeholders within the company and the industry.
- Manage (2) Associate Managers - provide guidance and collaborate on plans for other Activision Blizzard franchises, including but not limited to Call of Duty and Diablo
- Collaborate with other teams/departments to develop and execute the company’s Integrated Marketing Communication plan.
- Track program budgets, invoicing and reporting, including for any direct reports on other franchises.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in community management, social media, public relations (PR), digital marketing or other public communication-related fields within the gaming industry
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong working knowledge of Overwatch, Diablo, Call of Duty and other popular Console, PC and mobile games in Japan
- High-level understanding of social media platforms, particularly YouTube
- Strong oral and written communication skills; can clearly present ideas in communications
- Business level of English skill, including internal & external verbal and written communications
- Proficiency with MS Office (incl Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop
- Professional experience with social media tracking, analysis and reporting platforms.
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with a variety of business functions and team leads.
- Ability to evaluate performance data and deliver insights based on agreed upon metrics/KPIs.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including adaptability to fluid and last-minute changes.
- A passionate gamer
- Familiarity with gaming culture, streaming and Activision Blizzard games including Overwatch, Diablo and Call of Duty
- An exceptional insight of social media trends and gaming community and its behavior
- Previous experience in game operation/management, digital marketing or content related position
- Experience of producing video content as a planner or producer.
- Personal social network with game or entertainment related community, influencers or partners
Job title and work scope can be adjusted depending on the candidate’s experience and expertise.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.