Community Manager, Global Publishing, Hearthstone
4 days ago
Job Title:Community Manager, Global Publishing, Hearthstone
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Community Developer to help support the many tasks and initiatives of the Hearthstone Community Team. In this role, the Community Manager will split responsibilities across the functions supported by the team, including communications strategy, creator relationships, community feedback and reporting, and community programs like Fireside Gatherings and broadcast events tied to franchise game milestones. The ideal candidate should possess the diverse skillset and experience to help us support our global communities more effectively. This role will also be expected to work alongside the Hearthstone Brand team and Hearthstone Design and Production teams to ensure the best possible experience for the Hearthstone community. The team strongly encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented communities.
- Support the execution of in-progress and evergreen community initiatives and programs by partnering closely with other members of the team
- Support our messaging and content strategy and execution with a keen knowledge of upcoming game content and effective communication methodologies to support it
- Serve as a representative of the Hearthstone team on public channels to foster a greater level of communication with the community
- Contribute to ongoing community support projects including channel strategies, developer communications, events, and more
- Support the Hearthstone creator community alongside the Relationships Manager
- Quickly establish positive relationships with diverse stakeholders across Blizzard to foster healthy collaboration
- Analyze and report on community sentiment data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Champion the voice of the player base in internal conversations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in community, communications, or ability to demonstrate requisite skills through previous work experience
- Demonstrated success contributing to collaborative projects to drive success as a team
- Deep familiarity with online player communities across platforms like Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- Familiarity with performance tracking and measurement and ability to report successes and opportunities
- Project management training and experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
- Experience playing Hearthstone
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What familiarity you have with Hearthstone
- Any relevant knowledge or experience with the gaming industry and live events
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.