Community Manager, Bioware
Austin Texas 78729 United States
10 days ago
Job Description: EA is hiring a local Community Manager to immediately contribute to the Anthem franchise, the latest release from EA’s BioWare studios. The BioWare Community is one of the most inclusive, diverse, passionate and creative groups of players in the industry. You will be a positive and collaborative relationship builder who is motivated to understand and connect with our gaming communities around the world, helping to be a voice for their expression in our games.
The Exciting Challenge Ahead: The Community Manager is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connects EA and its brands with players in local markets through daily engagement. As part of the Community Activation Team you will leverage deep game expertise with strong influencer relationships to deepen overall player engagement for EA BioWare franchises.
You will report directly to the Global Lead of Core Community for EA BioWare and will collaborate with cross-functional teams around the business. You will ensure that core community strategies are properly implemented, effectively managed and provide a consistent, high quality and cohesive user experience inside and outside of our games.
Key Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Proficient in community best practices, programs, and policies and the ability to see them implemented in BioWare titles, contributing to the overall success of the franchises.
- Will be in a public, highly visible role on core community social platforms.
- Form strong bonds with content creators and influencers of diverse backgrounds and interest in BioWare games.
- Contribute to the development of a global community and influencer strategy, while working closely with the community managers of other markets to implement and align on the holistic plans.
- Be a voice of the BioWare community for the studio, maintain an open dialogue between influencers, players, and various teams inside EA ensuring your community is well represented.
- Oversee local Live Streams, AMAs, Podcasts, and other online or in-person events in partnership with the wider Community Activation Team.
- Plan and host community activities and influencer events, in-game and out of game.
- Support live service products by flagging game issues or service risks for franchises to the studio Live Operations and Customer Support teams. Additionally, assist in communication with potential live service interruptions or issues.
- Dedicate time to playing the games you represent and understanding BioWare’s storied franchises
- Passion and experience playing BioWare titles, as well as an appropriate knowledge of key games from other publishers.
- Demonstrable experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, content creation or equivalent.
- Validated writing, grammar, and content-creation skills and experience.
- Clear knowledge of best practices for operating social channels.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- A dedicated, detail-oriented team player who is quality driven.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects while managing time judiciously and independently.
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations to broader teams.
- Genuine understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar) in Communications or Marketing a plus, but not essential.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location: