This job might no longer be available.
Community Manager - BioWare
17 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is currently searching for a Community Manager to support Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. The successful candidate will assist in managing all day-to-day operations for the Community team.
While working in a cross-functional team the Community Manager will assist team members, maintain studio relationships, and build strategic planning for all things Community. In-depth knowledge of the massively multiplayer online gaming community, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and a passion for communication are key success factors for this position.
- Define and implement new strategies for community growth and development
- Work with internal teams, including Marketing, Development, Production, and more to ensure a consistent strategy for Community development.
- Coordinate with Customer Experience partners to ensure parity between the studio and our players.
- Collaborate with internal development teams on player feedback and bug reporting.
- Manage relationships of external contractors, such as moderation services, etc.
- Assist in the creation, tracking, and writing of web and social media content.
- Act as a public voice for studio communication needs via official channels such as the official forums and live streams.
- Coordination, planning, and operation of community events.
- Assist in the curation and management of Influencers.
- Flexibility to take on additional Community functions by request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public relations or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of Community Management experience.
- Five or more years participating in online communities.
- Large scale Massively Multiplayer Online RPG community experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining forums.
- Experience working on large, team-based projects with strict deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with product and corporate branding in online marketing.
- Scheduling flexibility including off-hours, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Passion for gaming, the gaming industry, and online communities.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.