Community Manager, Amazon Games, Amazon Games
23 days ago
Amazon Games is seeking a highly talented and motivated Community Manager to join our APAC Publishing and Business Development team supporting new titles in Japan. Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, and our recently published Lost Ark in the west. We are looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our team and help take our business to the next level!
Imagine having the opportunity of driving the vision for our community in Japan at one of the most customer centric companies on the planet, aspiring to build the next big thing in gaming. You will be able to work cross functionally with our game design team to help define the full player experience, both as member of the community and as a competitor. This is an amazing opportunity to implement and execute social strategy across platforms to attract, engage and delight customers in the exciting, ever changing gaming industry. You’ll level up the definition of delivering great engagement and exceptional player experiences to our gamers, customized to regional needs.
As a Community Manager, you are well-versed in every aspect of community management. You are passionate about building the relationship between people that play games and people that make them, and you take responsibility over the quantity and quality of the connections between players. You will be able to sync our community plans to Amazon Games’ larger strategic goals, and maximize impressions, positive reception and overall player and media advocacy for our games. In conjunction with a local network of creatives, you will ensure that Amazon’s localized product is at the forefront of local talent and translation trends, stylistic preferences, and legal requirements.
Key job responsibilities
- Ensure operational directives and global standards are enforced locally
- Quickly gain a deep understanding of our players and our games
- Build and begin executing an ambitious community for the assigned games
- Work with our game design and platform teams to contribute to the design of the social framework and features for the game
- Coordinate effectively with the central, marketing and game teams, as well as Twitch, finance and legal
- Manage social networks of top community content creators, shoutcasters, cosplayers, evangelist and contributors
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams
- Once at scale, lead the team responsible of player relations, community programs, dev relations, social media, and community content for assigned games
- Be ultimately responsible for the size and strength of the assigned game community
- Create and continuously improve international launch process to meet current business needs and to scale to future requirements
- Must be fluent in Japanese and business proficient in English
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience in community management related capacity either on the game design side (social features) or on the publishing side
- Direct experience working across time zones and with global teams internationally
- Passionate about games and the gamers community
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking就業の場所における受動喫煙を防止するための措置に関する事項については、下記リンク先をご覧ください。https://www.amazon.jobs/jp/landing_pages/passivesmokingThe salary information can be provided individually prior to the 1st interview賃金に関する条件は、１次面接の前に個別にご案内することができます
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Deep experience with console or PC game community management or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and, in particular, a history of identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
- A leader who is perpetually focused on the strategy, yet is also tactical and makes sure we have excellent execution
- Has the analytical capacity to break down complex problems and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate vision and drive execution and work across the team
- Successful history of working collaboratively in a creative environment with game design teams