This job might no longer be available.
Community Management Internship (Unannounced title)
28 days ago
Duration: 6 months, starting in February 2024
Format: Paid Internship
Application period: November 9th - December 4th, 2023
Terms: 20 hrs/wk
Additional info: Candidates should be eligible to work in the Czech Republic (EU nationals and individuals holding a valid permit/visa).
Join our team of passionate gamers as we prepare, execute, and evaluate a major playtest for our in-development, live-service, third-person shooter game. As a Community Management Intern, you'll be at the forefront of engaging with our player base during crucial alpha-stage playtests. Integrated within our flat organizational structure, you'll gain insights directly from industry veterans, using your gaming enthusiasm for professional growth. You will dive deep into player interactions, feedback collection, and contribute to the shaping of our gaming community.
What will you learn?
- Industry Insights : Immerse yourself in the intricacies of the gaming industry, decision-making processes and strategies used to attract, engage and retain players.
- Direct Engagement : Interact firsthand with our passionate player base, ensuring their voices are heard and valued.
- Playtest Participation : Dive into the core of gaming by participating in valuable playtests, both internal and external. Contribute your own expertise to the product and learn how to provide actionable feedback.
- Mentorship & Skill Refinement : Learn under the guidance of seasoned professionals, honing your communication, collaboration, and community engagement techniques.
- Platform Mastery : Master the advanced features of Discord, the most popular modern platform for gamers, enhancing your tech-savviness and adaptability.
- Feedback Analysis : Develop the crucial skill of translating raw player feedback into actionable insights, serving as a vital link between the player community and our game developers.
- Creative Initiative : Conclude your internship by designing and implementing a unique initiative aimed at amplifying player engagement and community involvement.
Your mentors will be:
Luke Nicholls - Head of Player Interactions
Luke Nicholls began his decade-long career at Wargaming in customer support, providing him with invaluable insights into player needs and concerns. As he progressed to community management, he played a pivotal role in establishing live streaming initiatives for World of Warships. His hands-on experience in organizing live events and his initiative in building the World of Warships e-sports from the ground up, particularly focusing on community involvement, gives him a unique insight into online audiences . Presently, he is leading the community efforts for our new game, bringing with him a wealth of experience from his diverse roles.
Dan Tanasescu - Publishing Director
For those with an eye on the broader gaming landscape, Dan Tanasescu's career is a testament to versatility. Beginning with Ubisoft as a Digital Marketing Manager, he honed skills that paved his way to Wargaming. From handling product marketing for World of Warships to steering global marketing initiatives, Dan’s adaptability has been key. His role, now as the Publishing Director since September 2023, is a testament to continuous learning and adapting in a dynamic industry. If your interests bridge gaming passion with marketing curiosity, Dan’s trajectory provides a roadmap of possibilities in the gaming world.
Who are we looking for?
- A genuine enthusiasm for gaming, reflecting an understanding of its significance within our industry.
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with the game community and our internal teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within diverse teams.
- Familiarity with community management tools, particularly Discord.
- An appreciation and understanding of cultural differences, crucial when interacting with a global player base.
- Analytical competencies to derive meaningful insights from community feedback and data, aiding our engagement strategies.
- Ability to efficiently communicate in English
What will help you stand out?
- A foundational understanding of digital tools and platforms beyond Discord, which can aid in streamlining community management tasks.
- Ability to handle potential community-related crises or conflicts in a calm, timely, and effective manner.
- Awareness of current trends within the gaming industry, ensuring alignment with community interests and queries.
- Proficiency in French, German, or Spanish will be an advantage
- Live streaming experience will be a benefit
About Wargaming Forge
No master is complete without an apprentice. And our team is itching for fresh talent. Operating since 2017, Wargaming Forge is a career program for novices seeking to master game development and eventually land a job. Our courses and internships are supervised by industry professionals who mentor, teach, and prepare early career talents for success in gaming, focusing on creativity and applicable skills for real-life development scenarios. We always offer the best students and interns a job at Wargaming. 192 graduates have already joined us!
Sounds like you? Prepare your hammers and anvils because the Forge is hot for action.
For more information, please follow our WG Forge web page.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.