20 days ago
Metatheory Inc. is a technology-driven entertainment company. With a focus on blockchain, we build games, interactive multi-platform stories, and virtual world experiences imagined across innovative story franchise IPs. We are a remote-first dynamic team of builders, developers, and entrepreneurs that include key founding members from Twitch, as well as Emmy and Peabody Award winning producers and storytellers.
Our flagship IP is DuskBreakers, an eccentric, interactive sci-fi saga set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious alien ship (The Dusk) becomes a beacon of hope for humanity. The franchise spans games, video, NFTs, and other media formats.
We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Community Lead to build a healthy, engaged and authentic community around our Metatheory IPs (DuskBreakers, etc.). You will have the opportunity to shape the future of web3 gaming and wear many hats as we grow. Your responsibilities will vary greatly day to day across all things community and include other facets of support and social media. You’ll report directly to our CPO and work closely with other cross-functional teams to ensure the wellbeing and continued success of our community – driving growth as it scales.
- Develop, implement and lead community and engagement strategies as we expand.
- Manage our Discord server, support team and staff programs; be the central point of communications within our DuskBreakers Community. Work on projects to keep our community highly engaged, motivated, focused, while having fun at the same time.
- Help us build an incredible community culture in line with our company values by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to run events and community initiatives.
- Create a support strategy and process to triage support requests across platforms (support email, social media, etc.). Collaborate with product, engineering and design to prioritize key issues that are affecting our users through our community, support and social media channels.
- Identify and implement solutions to operational challenges in our support or user-facing issues with our community onboarding, help desk, and more.
- Help manage our community and support presence across different channels (e.g. Discord, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Telegram, Reddit, etc.). Work closely with content and marketing teams to create social media content to drive key metrics of growth and deeper engagement.
- Build out escalation flows for trust and safety of our users; creating a positive and safe space for our users and iterate upon our community guidelines.
- 3+ years of relevant community, trust and safety, and/or support experience
- Passion for online communities, the future of Web3, and gaming
- Strong user empathy; a user-first approach on all facets of community onboarding, feedback, support, etc.
- Discord, Twitter, and social media savvy: experience with managing discord servers with several thousands of members; building and growing communities; as well as running events and expanding content creation across various social media platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both external and internal communication
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills: experience with working in community and support functions and guiding users from problem to resolution
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and focus on the most important tasks at hand. Excellent organization and project management skills and experience in communicating with a wide range of internal job functions and external stakeholders. Excitement to tackle new and ambiguous community, operations, and support projects and wear many hats as the company grows. High levels of integrity and discretion and impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment. A positive attitude, excellent collaboration, and ability to work and have fun under pressure. Experience working with remote teams and willingness to work across time zones
- Familiarity with different support tools such as Zendesk/Freshdesk
- Bonus: Experience with Web3
We were founded to challenge the ways that we all relate to games and storytelling, and in doing so change how we relate to each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create a culture of safety and belonging from how we hire to how we build communities.
Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, but feel you could add a valuable perspective to our organization, we’d still love to hear from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.